We’re looking for an Intermediate Web Developer
Office/Bureau is looking for an Intermediate Web Developer with strong WordPress skills to join our team and help us create beautiful, thoughtful work.
The ideal candidate has:
- a passion for finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- a team-player mindset, with the confidence to defend or run with an idea on your own
- at least one personal project on the go that you’re passionate about
- grace under pressure and a strong commitment to deadlines
- the gumption to figure out a problem yourself, and the desire to share your discoveries when you do
- the ability to work quickly without sacrificing consistency and details
- a burning need to constantly improve your craft
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- 3 – 5 years working experience
- Significant experience with WordPress, including building themes from scratch
- Proficiency in Creative Suite
- A strong understanding of web standards and current best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot browser and device compatibility issues
- Familiarity with current and emerging frameworks and technologies
We’re a small studio with a tightly integrated design and development process. You don’t have to be a designer, but you need to understand what makes a good design work. At Office/Bureau you’ll never just be handed a PSD file to ‘slice and code.’ You will participate in creative meetings, research and help strategize new projects, build wireframes, and create interactive proof of concepts. Our designers will look to you for input early and often, and will expect the same in return.
This is an intermediate position so we’re looking for 3 – 5 years development experience. This can be self-directed or as part of a team, although some team experience is preferred.
Office/Bureau is a design and development studio in downtown Toronto. We work with a range of clients large and small in a number of different industries, and collaborate with some of the top creative agencies in North America. Our team is small, but our projects aren’t, so we’re looking for someone willing to learn and grow along with us.
How to Apply
Please email your resume along with links to your work to [email protected]