We’re looking for an Intermediate WordPress Developer
Office/Bureau is looking for an Intermediate Developer with strong WordPress skills to join our team and help us create engaging, thoughtful work for our clients.
We’re a small studio with a tightly integrated design and development process. The ideal candidate isn’t expected to be a designer, but should place value in crafting engaging UX. At Office/Bureau developers are never just handed a PSD file to ‘slice and code.’ They’re valued participants in the process: researching and helping to strategize new projects, sharing knowledge in creative meetings, collaborating with designers to guide the ideal user experience, and ensuring the final product meets our high standards. Our designers look to developers for input early and often, and will appreciate the same in return.
This is an intermediate position so we’re looking for 3 – 5 years development experience. This can be self-directed or as part of a team, although some team experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a passion for finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- a team-player mindset, with the confidence to defend or run with an idea on your own
- at least one personal project on the go that you’re passionate about
- grace under pressure and a strong commitment to deadlines
- the gumption to figure out a problem yourself, and the desire to share your discoveries when you do
- the ability to work quickly without sacrificing consistency and details
- a burning need to constantly improve your craft
Minimum Skill Requirements
- 3 – 5 years working experience
- Significant experience with WordPress, including building themes from scratch
- Proficiency in Creative Suite
- A strong understanding of web standards and current best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot browser and device compatibility issues
- Familiarity with current and emerging frameworks and technologies
Why you’ll love working at O/B
- We’re a creative-led agency, with all senior roles occupied by designers and developers
- We’re deeply committed to maintaining a diverse team of people with varying backgrounds and perspectives
- We work reasonable hours on a flexible schedule (if you’re working more than 40 hours a week, we’re doing something wrong)
- Friday Beer Cart, Monthly hack days, and other opportunities to work on fun projects and experiments
Compensation & Benefits
- $50,000 – $70,000 dependant on skills and experience
- Performance-based bonuses
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- A health spending account which covers a broader range of health-related expenses than typical plans
Office/Bureau is a design and development studio in downtown Toronto. We work with a range of clients large and small in a number of different industries, and collaborate with some of the top creative agencies in North America. Our team is small, but our projects aren’t, so we’re looking for someone willing to learn and grow along with us.
How to Apply
Please email your resume along with links to your work to [email protected]